Marie Stopes International Organisation Nigeria (MSION) is a results-orientated Social Business, which uses modern management and marketing techniques to provide reproductive health care and allied services. MSION’s goal is to meet the needs of underserved Nigerians and dramatically improve access and use of a range of reproductive health services.
MSION is part of Marie Stopes International’s Global Partnership which is in over 42 countries worldwide.
The core responsibility of this post is to use your:
￭ initiative ￭ energy ￭ persistence ￭ results orientation
￭ drive ￭ integrity ￭ enthusiasm ￭ commitment to personal development
To further MSI’s partnership mission: enabling individuals to have children by choice not chance.
The main responsibilities of the position are to execute inventory control measures to ensure the organisation minimizes stock holding and maximizes stock system and paperwork accuracy; develop and oversee the implementation of the asset management system, including the establishment of the Asset Management process, departmental policies and procedures
Inventory & Process Management
- Develop the organisation’s inventory management strategy with the aim of controlling costs within budgetary limits, generating savings, rationalising inventory and maximizing available working capital
- Safeguard, manage and maintain the organisation’s fixed asset and stocked product inventory including stock profiles and stock locations
- Manage and control perpetual inventory stock counting / inventory accuracy checks.
- Minimise overstocks and removal of obsolete / redundant and proper disposal of expired items through an approved standard procedure.
- Ensure that goods inward / stock control department is well organised and controlled to sufficiently support other units in achieving the goals of the organisation.
- Liaise with procurement unit to ensure suppliers are prompt on delivery in line with specification on the LPO.
- Provide routine management information on inventory performance.
- Monitor and evaluate consumables usage & costs by monitoring & evaluating material utilization.
- Safeguard warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- Motivate, organize and encourage teamwork within the workforce to ensure set productivity targets are met.
- Implement improvement processes and systems to reduce inventory, minimise costs and maximize working capital.
- Write and maintain accurate written procedures for all main inventory control processes and functions.
- Perform cyclic stock checks by ensuring integrity and accuracy of the stock management system.
- Produce daily reports to ensure key critical areas of the stock system are controlled and any discrepancies addressed and resolved.
- Manage control measures to ensure mistakes, inaccuracies and discrepancies are highlighted, addressed and resolved; sometimes worth up to a million US $ dollars
Asset Management and Processes:
- Develop and maintain the strategic and annual asset management plans aligned with the departmental strategy and budget, and in consultation with Public Work where applicable
- Develop and maintain asset registers, including; acquisitions maintenance management, transfers and valuations
- Develop and maintain the lease register
- Develop asset needs assessment, acquisition management, operational and disposal plans
- Execute and monitor the implementation of the asset acquisition, maintenance and disposal plans
- Plan and execute the asset verification, investigate and report on variances, make necessary recommendations to resolve discrepancies and update the asset register
- Verify the spatial plans to the physical asset and update with changes, for example; renewals and enhancements
- Develop, implement and manage mechanisms to safeguard assets
- Prepare a monthly reconciliation with supporting schedules of the asset registers to the relevant accounting records, and resolve unclear items
- Prepare a business plan for the life cycle of assets, including; an analysis of pricing options utilising life cycle cost, and recommendations on the most appropriate asset solution
- Report on asset management information as required to internal and external stakeholders
- Manage valuations for immovable assets and update the asset register
- Establish and execute a performance measurement system to evaluate the effective utilization of assets
Knowledge management of services, processes and publications:
- To ensure communication is timely, clear and concise
- To manage the information on the @MSI site and MSION website
- To ensure all stakeholders are advised of any updates or changes to standard operating procedures or external regulations
- To ensure logistics management and ordering systems meet the requirements of the partnership
- Maintain publications, such as the online catalogues, to ensure they fully reflect the current services, pricing and products provided
- Regular attendance of key management meetings of the key stakeholders to communicate updates and gather feedback
Financial and Inventory Management
- Liaising with the International Programmes Department with regards to budget expenditure
- Set and review annual pricing for the products we supply
Stock Reconciliation and inventory control:
- To assist the Finance Team with the monthly stock reconciliation, ensuring consistency between the stock held in our warehouse and the balance sheet. – stock taking, management of warehouse contract and SLA appraisal
- Conducting regular audits on central inventory to ensure adequate stock control measures are in place
- Review stock takes conducted by PL team members and the warehouse to ensure minimal write offs of inventory
- Management of the warehouse contract and service level agreement, agreeing new KPI’s with the warehouse manager where appropriate and addressing performance issues as and when required
- Minimise risk of stock outs or overstocking by ensuring adequate stock levels are held of core items
New Product Selection:
- Liaising with the Medical Development Team, clinical governance and other key stakeholder to agree global specifications of instruments and commodities
- Working with suppliers to create new products according to our specific requirements and brand guidelines
- Involvement in Procurement working group to advise Nigeria and UK business on quality standards, specification setting and sampling/testing working groups
Manage the income and expense of orders from external organisations:
- To work with the Finance team to ensure all invoices are accurate and processed in accordance with our guidelines
- To work with purchase ledger team to ensure suppliers are compliant
- To regularly benchmark expenditure against budget to ensure cost savings through VfM procurement practise
Customer Relationships (internal/external customers)
Manage the perceptions of Marie Stopes International:
- To ensure correspondence is answered in a timely and professional manner
- To ensure Marie Stopes International Organization of Nigeria remains competitive within the family planning and RH market
- Pay due consideration to factors which may affect communication in an international setting, such as culture, inco terms, international shipping regulations, currency, national holidays, customs and beliefs
Ensuring the procurement and logistics team provide a quality service:
- To thoroughly sample and test quality of all products we supply in line with QA policy
- Ensuring that the orders are processed in line with standard operating procedures
- Conduct a weekly review of all orders on the system to ensure orders are processed within the expected timescales and address areas where required standards are not being met