Marie Stopes International Organisation Nigeria (MSION) is a result-oriented social business that uses modern management and marketing techniques to provide reproductive health care and allied services. MSION’s goal is to meet the needs of underserved Nigerians and dramatically improve access and use of a range of reproductive health services.
MSION is part of Marie Stopes International’s Global Partnership which is in over 37 countries worldwide.
The core responsibility of this post is to use your:
￭ initiative ￭ energy ￭ persistence ￭ results orientation
￭ drive ￭ integrity ￭ enthusiasm ￭ commitment to personal development
To further MSI’s partnership mission: enabling individuals to have children by choice, not chance.
MSION operates across Nigeria through six service delivery channels, the Operational Information Officer (OIO) is responsible for guiding the management of all aspects of MSION’s operational information of an assigned region(s) and an assigned service delivery channel(s) (country-wide). This includes ensuring the effective use of management information systems in the relevant service delivery channel, ensuring effective data entry, quality/validation, collection, reporting and analysis, and the line management of up to three Monitoring & Evaluation Assistants. The OIO will work closely with the global OIO and local support office and regional operations staff to support the successful embedding, implementation and use of global data and performance management tools and standards, and support project monitoring and evaluation.
Data Analysis and Reporting; Line Management of Monitoring & Evaluation Assistants
Manage all aspects of data relating to assigned service delivery channel and region, which includes:
- Collate, analyse and report country-wide service delivery monthly service statistics for designated service delivery channel(s) and assigned regional operational service data.
- Work closely with channel lead to ensure all operational data requirements are met, including ensuring timely and quality channel service data is maintained.
- Analyse channel service and regional data to identify trends, outliers, and identify and escalate any systems challenges or data issues.
- Interpret the analysis of data to generate operational insight and recommendations on ways to improve channel operations and business decision making.
- Prepare monthly channel performance factsheets and collate regional factsheets, indicating performance against targets.
- Train, monitor the use of, and provide ongoing support to regional Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Assistants and regional operations staff on the effective use of our MIS, including ORION (DHIS online platform) and CLIC (client database), and other systems as required (which may include mobile data collection devices).
- Develop reports, collate, and disseminate success stories and lessons learned internally and externally when appropriate.
- Train M&E Assistants and support the training of regional operations staff on the embedding and use of data validation and performance management tools.
- Line management of up to three M&E Assistants, which includes ongoing mentoring, coaching and capacity development of staff.
Data Entry, Validation and Quality
- Work with regional operations staff and M&E Assistant to ensure the successful timely completion of month end data entry process, monitoring and reporting any data quality issues (escalating as required). Track and monitor any data issues or challenges and ensure the successful correction of any errors or adjustments required.
- Review month end service data and adjustments (for assigned channel and region) and work with finance colleagues to ensuring the successfully submission of monthly data.
- Ensure M&E Assistants are conducting monthly routine data quality audits at support office and facilities. This includes supporting them to identify outliers in service delivery points and validating data in database against source document. Maintain record of audits completed and follow-up on implementation of findings.
- Support the M&E Assistant to track the usage of data collection and reporting tools and work with to ensure each facility/service provider has availability of the latest up-to-date tools/source documents.
- Support M&E Assistants to ensure that all documentation is archived/stored as per documentation storage standards at support and regional offices, and train and support operations staff in maintain appropriate documentation standards and storage in facilities and offices.
- Work with the Management Information Systems (MIS) Lead to ensure all regional staff have access to the database and any challenges faced by the team on MIS is resolved in timely manner.
- Support Project Managers to extract, validate and report project specific indicators monthly and reporting same to inform programmes, ensuring targets are met, flagging and explaining indicators that are off track.
- Ensure Project RME-related Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and guidelines are implemented across service delivery channel and regions.
Support Organisational Research activities
- Assist in conducting research activities as and when required, which may include the preparation and implementation of annual evaluations and special studies (e.g. baseline, impact evaluation, mid-term reviews). These may include to:
- Assist with drafting data collection tools
- Data collection, collation, and entry
- Training and supervision of data collection process
- Monitoring pilot studies and surveys as required.