We particularly encourage applications from women as they are currently under-represented within MSION at the management level.
About the Organisation
Marie Stopes International Organisation Nigeria (MSION) is a result-oriented Social enterprise, which uses modern management and marketing techniques to provide reproductive health care and allied services. MSION’s goal is to meet the needs of underserved Nigerians and dramatically improve access and use of a range of reproductive health services.
MSION is part of Marie Stopes International’s Global Partnership which is in over 37 countries worldwide.
The core responsibility of this post is to use your:
￭ initiative ￭ energy ￭ persistence ￭ results orientation
￭ drive ￭ integrity ￭ enthusiasm ￭ commitment to personal development
To further MSI’s partnership mission: enabling individuals to have children by choice not chance
About this role
The Regional, Monitoring and Evaluation officer will work closely with the regional team and report into the Monitoring and Evaluation Manager based in the Abuja support office. The RME Officer role is responsible for the ensuring robust service data management in their respective regions including supporting service delivery teams on use of management information systems (MIS) to collect and input data, documentation storage and analysis of data and production of reports to support our service delivery operations.
- Data Administration and Support on MIS
- Support the collation of regional monthly service statistics for all service delivery points.
- Train and provide ongoing support to regional staff on the effective use of our MIS, including ORION (DHIS online platform) and CLIC (client database), and other systems as required (which may include mobile data collection devices).
- Train regional staff and support the embedding and use of data validation and performance management tools.
- Track the usage of data collection and reporting tools and work with regional staff to ensure each facility/service provider has availability of the latest up-to-date tools/source documents.
- Data Quality Validation and Documentation Storage
- Support month end data entry process, monitoring and reporting any data quality issues (escalating as required) and support regional staff to successfully report quality on-time data.
- Conduct monthly routine data quality audits at support office and facilities (this will require at least 5 days regional travel per month). This includes identifying outliers in service delivery points and validating data in database against source document. Maintain record of audits completed and follow-up on implementation of findings.
- Ensure that all documentation is archived/stored as per documentation storage standards at support and regional offices, and train and support operations staff to maintain appropriate documentation standards and storage in facilities and offices.
- Work with the MIS Lead to ensure all regional staff have access to the database and any challenges faced by the team on MIS is resolved in timely manner.
- Data Analysis and Reporting
- Analyse regional service data to identify trends, outliers, and identify and escalate any systems challenges or data issues.
- Analyse monthly service data for all service delivery channels and prepare monthly regional factsheets, indicating regional performance against targets.
- Work with RME team to develop reports, collate, and disseminate success stories and lessons learned internally and externally when appropriate.
- Project M&E
- Ensure Project RME-related Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and guidelines are implemented at the state offices and facilities.
- Support Operational Information Officers to track and report project specific indicators monthly and reporting same to inform programmes, ensuring targets are met, flagging and explaining indicators that are off track.
- Support Research activities
Working through and reporting to the Operation Research Manager on specific research, assist in conducting research activities as and when required, which may include the preparation and implementation of annual evaluations and special studies (e.g. baseline, impact evaluation, mid-term reviews). These may include:
- Assisting with drafting of data collection tools
- Data collection, collation, and entry
- Training and supervision of data collection process and personnel
- Support in monitoring pilot studies and surveys as required.