Marie Stopes International Organisation Nigeria (MSION) is a results-oriented Social Business, which uses modern management and marketing techniques to provide reproductive health care and allied services. MSION’s goal is to meet the needs of underserved Nigerians and dramatically improve access and use of a range of reproductive health services.
MSION is part of Marie Stopes International’s Global Partnership which is in over 37 countries worldwide.
The core responsibility of this post is to use your:
￭ initiative ￭ energy ￭ persistence ￭ results orientation
￭ drive ￭ integrity ￭ enthusiasm ￭ commitment to personal development
To further MSI’s partnership mission: enabling individuals to have children by choice not chance.
The Regional Manager is a key member of the Programme Operations Team and will work closely with regional team members to achieve MSION objectives. S/he is responsible for supporting the delivering of strategies targeted to field operations implementation of MSION’s channel objectives in assigned region and may from time to time travel to the states for support visits.
She/he supports the Operations Director in directing the operational activities of the organisation to ensure effective implementation, continual improvement and strengthening of MSION’s service delivery channels in the region. These include Outreach, Social Franchise, Public Sector Support(PSS), donor project implementation, relationship management, partnership management with partner institutions, procurement and logistics, fleet management and coordination for MSION field implementation team members.
Reporting to Director Operations, the holder will be responsible for achieving operation’s channel sustainability, effective management, high productivity and growth in his/her region. He/she supports the coordination, preparation and execution of field operating budgets, and work plans; ensures that financial, administrative and logistical resources to field focal team adheres to MSION minimum standards; and assures quality operations in line with annual and long-term strategic goals and objectives
- Field Operations Management
- Follows up with regional teams in assigned region to ensure that agreed task are delivered on schedule
- Work closely and coordinate support office functions and channel to regional and programme managers to ensure leadership and growth of centres, outreach, MS Ladies, Public Sector Support(PSS) and Social Franchising operations
- Support regional and state teams in the development of annual and quarterly budgets and financial performance targets and monitoring budget management and performance
- Ensure equitable distribution of resources according to the workplans and resource needs of all team members.
- Monitor progress of field activities and make adjustments as necessary to ensure successful completion of set objectives
- Work with regional logistics teams to implement an effective system for the supply of commodities to match client demands.
- Programme Operations, Implementation and Management:
- Provide budget codes and track approvals versus actual expenses
- Review staff advances and retirements and ensure all compliance measures are in place
- Lead in setting up new state teams and channels; launching new offices and supporting them to grow to high productivity and efficiency
- Work closely with field operations team members, take a strategic, forward-looking role in establishing MSION future programme direction, with particular focus on driving MSION towards programme sustainability.
- Draft and implement regional operations workplans in consultation and co-ordination with other departments including overseeing field operations budget management reviews and approvals in assigned
- Ensure all field activities are implemented on time, to scale, within budget and to quality
- Advocacy and Stakeholder Management
- Lead on the formation of effective partnerships within the development arena to increase the status and level of recognition for MSION’s work and to influence policy, practice and grant making decisions of donors and the NGO sector in assigned states
- Ensure visibility and raise the profile of MSION among key stakeholders, including selected donors partners, by organising and attending meetings and maintaining professional relationships with strategically placed individuals within target institutions
- Create and support opportunities to highlight MSION policy messages and technical expertise to a wider audience through media channels and special events, linking with communications and clinical teams as required
- Working in the states of the region, build strong relationships with key policy makers and cooperating partners in order to influence policy change and place MSION in a strong position
- Lead in leveraging on relationships with influential people to the benefit of the region and country programme, such as in recognition, and sales of SM products.
- Reporting, Monitoring and Evaluation
- Collate monthly, quarterly and annual Operations reports flowing from all focal channel staff in the region
- Work with Regional RM&E to produce regional monthly factsheet
- Manage and report periodically on the field implementation of regional annual work-plan among others.
- Work with the Operations Director to ensure operations data management alignment with field strategy, agreement on annual targets and inclusion of data collection and analysis activities in the work plan
- Work with regional channel focal staff to ensure at least one human interest story or success story are produced monthly. This must be well documented and presented as part of quarterly reports
- Produce progress reports for the Line Manager for assigned regions on a regular basis
- As a senior member of the operations team, demonstrate a strong commitment to MSION’s mission and goals and encourage a similar commitment from all team members
- Link, train and harmonise different channel and support units in the regions to work efficiently together in order to meet field operations requirements as well as achieve MSION goals
- Ensure that a high level of communication is maintained with other MSION departments, as well as with external partners.
- Encourage a positive culture, work environment and attitude among all team members
- From time to time represent the organisation at meetings, workshops, or other forums
- From time to time carry out any other duties as reasonably requested by the Operations Director and/or management.