Marie Stopes Nigeria (MSION) is a results-orientated Social Business, which uses modern management and marketing techniques to provide reproductive health care and allied services. MSION’s goal is to meet the needs of underserved Nigerians and dramatically improve access and use of a range of reproductive health services.
MSION is part of Marie Stopes International’s Global Partnership which is in over 37 countries worldwide.
The post holder is required to demonstrate: initiative; energy; persistence; results orientation; drive; integrity and discretion; enthusiasm; and commitment to personal development to further MSI’s partnership mission of enabling individuals to have children by choice not chance.
Marie Stopes International Organisation, Nigeria (MSION) implements programs to meet the reproductive health needs of underserved Nigerians and dramatically improve access to and use of appropriate services. The Regional Quality Assurance Advisor is a member of the Clinical Services Team and is responsible for ensuring high quality clinical standards among the three service delivery channels: Centres of Excellence, Outreaches and Blue Star Social Franchising services, in line with the global Marie Stopes International (MSI) mantra of One World One Standard. This includes the provision of high quality training in MSI core FP and PAC services among the three channels as well as external SRH providers, where appropriate. The post will be based in Abuja with regular travel to other states within a region. The duties and responsibilities presented below may change as centre activities evolve and expand.
Clinical quality assurance responsibilities
- Responsible for clinical quality service provision technical assistance in MSI’s core services throughout MSION’s channels: Clinics, MS Ladies, Public sectors facilities, Outreach and Social Franchising within the designated region
- Perform quality needs assessment at all MSION clinical service delivery sites (SCTOs CTOs) before each QTA commences
- Spearhead well-coordinated information for facilities/service providers before each clinical Quality Assurance activity.
- Provide guidance in preparation of materials and logistics for various levels of facilities/service providers before, during and after each clinical Quality Assurance activity.
- Have and in-depth understanding of QTA and be conversant with various MSI QTA Tools, such as Centre, Star Scan, QTA check list etc.
- Ensure availability of all relevant MSI guidelines and training materials needed in training various levels of trainees
- Identify appropriate training needs within teams and, in consultation with the Line Manager, arrange for appropriate trainings and induction
Providing Quality Technical Assurance
- Conduct regular internal QTA visits in all MSION clinical services delivery points to ensure that high quality clinical standards are consistently met.
- Provide advice and guidance to the supervisors in the region on MSIONs quality assurance processes.
- Coordinate Clinical Training Officers within the region and provide appropriate and relevant training materials, documents, models and stationery to be purchased for each training.
- Support the training advisors to Coordinate delivery of clinical trainings to ensure that the quality of trainings conforms to the Marie Stopes international Medical Development Team training standards and that of Federal Ministry of Health.
- Follow up on all challenges/ complaints emanating from any clinical training sessions and ensure they are addressed professionally where necessary.
- While on monitoring visits, identify appropriate training needs within the region facilities/service providers and, arrange for appropriate trainings.
- Willingness to travel at least 60%
- Perform any other reasonable duties as requested by his/her line manager
Supportive supervisory functions
- Shall be responsible for the conduct of competency assessment for all clinicians under his/her purview.
- Shall be responsible for ensuring certificates and licensure are tracked and up to date amongst clinician assigned to him/her.
Communication and administration
- Maintain an updated database of key trainings/orientations/supervisory visits offered teams and other partners
- Keep and manage records of all centre activities including minutes of centre teams’ meetings CMEs, Data bases reports of SSV and training reports.
- Follow up on all supervisor’s complaints relating to any of the MSIN services and make recommendations.
- Investigate minor and major clinical incidents using the Incident Reporting Template and submit report
- Participate actively in relevant workshops and conferences and contribute to the review of clinical standards and protocols for the benefit of MSION and its affiliates.
- Remain clinically active in MSION core services and support the centres to provide clinical services as and when the need arises.