Marie Stopes International Organisation Nigeria (MSION) is a results-oriented Social Business, which uses modern management and marketing techniques to provide reproductive health care and allied services. MSION’s goal is to meet the needs of underserved Nigerians and dramatically improve access and use of a range of reproductive health services.
MSION is part of Marie Stopes International’s Global Partnership which is in over 37 countries worldwide.
The core responsibility of this post is to use your:
￭ initiative ￭ energy ￭ persistence ￭ results orientation
￭ drive ￭ integrity ￭ enthusiasm ￭ commitment to personal development
To further MSI’s partnership mission: enabling individuals to have children by choice not chance.
About this role:
The successful candidate as a Medical Assistant will provide physician support services that ensure that healthcare facilities run smoothly. They will be responsible for financial and administrative as well as clinical tasks, such as maintaining patient records, preparing patients and rooms for examination, assisting physicians with exams, and performing front-desk tasks. Medical assistants will be required to work in physician's office in the Mini Clinic.
- To uphold Marie Stopes mini clinic/pharmacy policies and procedures, principles of responsibilities, and applicable state, federal and local laws.
- Exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, and co-workers.
- Show courtesy, compassion, and respect to all within the mini clinic/pharmacy environment, providing a safe and conducive environment for patients and staff.
- Receive and direct phone calls, schedule appointments, check-in patients, obtain necessary patient information to file and update patient records, and ensure all forms and consents are completed by patients.
- Check-out patients assist with referral processing and arrange laboratory services.
- Handle billing process.
- Prepare patients for examination, take vitals, and record patients' health history.
- Prepare equipment and examination rooms, and clean instruments.
- Assist physician with medical treatments, procedures, and exams.
- Manage inventory of medical supplies and equip exam rooms with appropriate supplies.
Other Responsibilities Include:
- Facility Management
The Medical assistant will support with the following:
- S/He will ensure good environment - proper ventilation, sanitary conditions are all in place and in good conditions etc., and in line with acceptable regulatory standards.
- Supervise and manage all mini clinic/Pharmacy cash transactions from sales and services daily.
- Daily cash and bank reconciliations flowing from the daily POS sales and services transactions including bank ATM transactions.
- Ensure the pharmacy facility is properly disinfected daily, hand-washing bays put in place and maintenance of social distancing for both customers and staff is kept.
- Do stock-taking and update for restocking of all drugs, equipment, consumables, and supplies for use in the mini clinic/ pharmacy.
- Do remittances of cash to designated accounts daily.
- Must contribute to the achievement of set sales target for pharmaceuticals and services at assigned mini clinic/pharmacy.
- Client management.
- Receives client into facility and ensures all processes and procedures are properly carried out.
- Assist in ensuring all dispensed drugs are packaged and paid for by the client.
- Manages proper documentation of all clients into a specified database for follow-up.
- Manages client’s loyalty schemes including issuing of loyalty cards and input of loyalty points on customer cards.