Marie Stopes International Organisation Nigeria (MSION) is a results-oriented Social Business, which uses modern management and marketing techniques to provide reproductive health care and allied services. MSION’s goal is to meet the needs of underserved Nigerians and dramatically improve access and use of a range of reproductive health services.
MSION is part of Marie Stopes International’s Global Partnership which is in over 37 countries worldwide.
The core responsibility of this post is to use your:
￭ initiative ￭ energy ￭ persistence ￭ results orientation
￭ drive ￭ integrity ￭ enthusiasm ￭ commitment to personal development
To further MSI’s partnership mission: enabling individuals to have children by choice not chance.
About this role:
The successful candidate will play an important role in the pharmacy clinical set-up, assist in providing Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) and general health services to clients to meet their reproductive health needs and dramatically improve access to the Pharmacy within their designated locations.
Specific Duties in relation to the Responsibilities:
The Clinical Services Provider is a key member of the pharmacy clinical services team and is responsible for ensuring smooth delivery of SRH and general health services to clients within the pharmacy.
- To give high quality MSION focused core clinical services in the assigned mini clinic/pharmacy.
- To uphold Marie Stopes mini clinic/pharmacy policies and procedures, principles of responsibilities, and applicable state, federal and local laws.
- Exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, and co-workers.
- Show courtesy, compassion, and respect to all within the mini clinic/pharmacy environment, providing a safe and therapeutic environment for patients and staff.
- Be responsible for the administrative management and day-to-day running of the facility.
- Conform to the critical service standards established for the mini clinic medical team.
- Provide therapeutic patient care in accordance with the patients care code, established by the clinical team, and within the scope of practice for the Clinical Services Provider.
- Deliver requested service while counselling patients to full knowledge of service to be provided before uptake.
- Carry out examinations (vitals), point of care tests and treatments by providing support to patient, chaperoning and other assistance as directed or required.
- Within scope, evaluates patient's condition by observing signs, symptoms, and reactions to therapy, to identify unexpected and/or significant findings, initiate appropriate medical procedures, as necessary.
- Ensure proper management and maintenance of all clinical supplies and equipment.
- Documents patient signs, symptoms, observations, and therapeutic treatments to patient's medical record to develop our client database.
- Ensure proper sterilisation of clinic instruments daily.
- The mini clinic/pharmacy Clinical Services Provider ensures all Infection Prevention policies are observed and maintained.
- Support in ensuring the adequate and timely requisition of medical supplies and equipment.
Communication and Administration
- Leads all clinical, marketing, and administrative activity as the Lead of the mini clinic.
- Ensure formal communications with the various partners are properly documented.
- Follow up on all clients especially in-service delivery and draw client-loyalty to our brand.
- Make proper use of available management information systems to facilitate proper service data and product sales reporting.
- Manage and properly account for all MSION resources and properties at the mini clinic.