We particularly encourage applications from women as they are currently under-represented within MSION at the management level.
About the Organisation
Marie Stopes International Organisation Nigeria (MSION) is a result-oriented Social enterprise, which uses modern management and marketing techniques to provide reproductive health care and allied services. MSION’s goal is to meet the needs of underserved Nigerians and dramatically improve access and use of a range of reproductive health services.
MSION is part of Marie Stopes International’s Global Partnership which is in over 37 countries worldwide.
The core responsibility of this post is to use:
￭ initiative ￭ energy ￭ persistence ￭ results orientation
￭ drive ￭ integrity ￭ enthusiasm ￭ commitment to personal development
to further MSI’s partnership mission: enabling individuals to have children by choice not chance.
Laboratory Scientist roles
- Take complete ownership of Marie Stopes Clinic, and services/activities.
- Maintaining laboratory equipment (including calibration) in a proper working condition and prompt report of any malfunction to the Clinic coordinator.
- Keep record of stock, perform forecasts and ensure reagents and other laboratory consumable do not fall below minimum level
- Perform regular Quality control on laboratory reagents after supply and before use
- Ensure specimen are obtained in the appropriate manner
- Provide timely and accurate result
- Ensure specimens are stored and packaged correctly for transportation to the approved cytology/pathology laboratory
- Maintain accurate records of all tests performed and the result of such tests
- Keep abreast with and ensure that the clinic complies with latest developments in laboratory testing protocol in Nigeria
- Assist to provide counselling on core clinical services in the laboratory.
- Carry out any other lawful duties assigned by the Clinic Coordinator.
- Make proper use of available information systems in MSI to facilitate service delivery & trainings
Communication and Administration
- Project a welcoming, friendly, and professional demeanor for all clients and visitor in the laboratory to ensure client satisfaction always.
- Timely collate and submit laboratory reports to the Clinic team and to patients.
- Monitor monthly client numbers and income generated and, in collaboration with the Clinic team, make appropriate recommendations to meet income to cost targets.
- Ensure formal communications with the various health partners are properly documented
- Follow up on all clients’ complaints relating to any of the clinic services and make recommendations, where applicable
- Able to sign off on a lab results and take responsibility when there is an error in diagnosis
- Liaise appropriately with the Council of Medical Laboratory Sciences of Nigeria and other relevant regulatory bodies during routine or periodic visits and assessments for QC standards