We particularly encourage applications from women as they are currently under-represented within MSION at the management level.
About the Organisation
Marie Stopes International Organisation Nigeria (MSION) is a result-oriented Social enterprise, which uses modern management and marketing techniques to provide reproductive health care and allied services. MSION’s goal is to meet the needs of underserved Nigerians and dramatically improve access and use of a range of reproductive health services.
MSION is part of Marie Stopes International’s Global Partnership which is in over 37 countries worldwide.
The core responsibility of this post is to use your:
￭ initiative ￭ energy ￭ persistence ￭ results orientation
￭ drive ￭ integrity ￭ enthusiasm ￭ commitment to personal development
To further MSI’s partnership mission: enabling individuals to have children by choice not chance.
About this role
The KM/DO will work with the strategic research manager to strengthen MSION knowledge management system, develop and implement cutting edge KM strategies to enhance efficiency through information sharing, and use for business decision making and operational actions.
Summary of Responsibilities
The role holder will be responsible for the following:
- Strengthen MSION Knowledge management systems to increase access to knowledge sources/products, timely retrieval, updates, and improve collaboration among teams,
- Lead the implementation of the MSION Knowledge Management Strategy with the support of the strategic research manager.
- Drive the culture of sharing and use of knowledge products among MSION team members
- Be the focal person, to archive all disseminated factsheets, evidence briefs, research activity briefs, abstracts, articles, newsletters, proposals, approved strategy documents, guidelines, SOPs, policy documents, donor reports, evaluation reports, assessment reports, contracts/amendments, national indices, to be used for operational activities, grant writing, management decision making.
Details of Responsibilities
- Strengthen MSION Knowledge management system
- Develop clear standards on MSIONs knowledge management approach
- Develop innovate platforms and template to create, share and utilize knowledge products within the organization to contribute to a culture of knowledge sharing and information use among cross-departmental teams to 'institutionalize' best practices.
- Develop simple indexing tool
- Drive the culture of sharing and use of knowledge products among MSION team members through training and technical supports
- Develop a tracking tool to monitor the use of evidence and knowledge products
- Develop compelling and innovative approaches and templates to communication evidence and knowledge products including success stories, best practices,
- Improve the use of evidence and knowledge products
- Engage with all directorates to identify information needs
- Identify, prioritize, document, update, share and utilize knowledge products within the organization to contribute to a culture of knowledge sharing and information use among cross-departmental teams to 'institutionalize' best practices.
- Coordinate with field offices to identify and document success stories, best practices and to drive better use of information
- Support with audit preparations by ensuring up to date archiving and availability of required documents;
- Ensure archived files are indexed in simple excel workbooks, maintained up to date, archived in the line with approved guideline, and are available for use in electronic versions.
- Provide support to TSD to fine tune presentations and other communication/visibility items to highlight the work of MSION and share with internal and external stakeholders
- Support quarterly knowledge café and other dissemination workshops.
- Support the dissemination of abstracts and articles as and when required;
- Maintain backup for all archived information and knowledge products
- Administrative and Cross Cutting Duties
- support the storage of timesheets, travel plans, budgets, signed consent forms, mobile devices in accordance with the data privacy guideline
- support proofreading of technical reports
- Produce progress reports to line Manager on a regular basis
- support strategic research as and when required
- Other duties as applicable