Marie Stopes Nigeria (MSN) is a results-orientated non-Governmental organisation, which uses modern management and marketing techniques to provide family planning and other reproductive healthcare clinical services in underserved communities. MSN’s goal is to dramatically improve access to family planning and related reproductive health services to reduce maternal mortality and ultimately poverty in Nigeria.
MSN is part of Marie Stopes International’s Global Partnership which operates in 37 countries and is the largest non-Governmental provider of family planning in the world.
The core responsibility of this post is to use:
￭ initiative ￭ energy ￭ persistence ￭ results orientation
￭ drive ￭ integrity ￭ enthusiasm ￭ commitment to personal development
to further MSI’s partnership mission: enabling individuals to have children by choice not chance.
- Implement accounting and internal control systems to prevent fraud, waste and misuse of financial resources while ensuring segregation of duties in the processing of transactions.
- Prepare bank reconciliation report and income report on monthly basis.
- Monitor budgets to ensure that spending occurs as planned, review budget amount against actual of expenditures and prepare variance analysis report on monthly and quarterly basis.
- Daily transaction inputting into Marie Stopes International’s SUN system.
- Ensure that expenses are properly coded and allocated to the relevant cost centres/projects within the region.
- Review and process cash requests/retirements. Periodic review of staff account and proper allocation of retired expense against the cash advance.
- Management of the petty cash/float at the region.
- Work closely with the Regional Manager to Collate quarterly budget from the team Members.
- Contribute to monthly management and periodic statutory reports/meetings.
- Ensuring regional field office funds request are in line with specific project budget and allowable expenses.
- Ensure the remittance of all statutory deductions to appropriate authorities within the region.
- Timely payments to Mobilizers, casual/contract staff, providers of products and services
- Coordinate payments for all project activities.
- Ensure proper controls are in place at centre/clinic and provide support to centre manager(s) in time.
- Ensure WHTs are being deducted and remitted to authorities/states in time.
- Remit PAYE to the relevant Tax Authority on monthly basis.
- Ensure that expenses/retirements are properly filed are the regional office.
- Ensure assets are properly accounted for and maintained at the regional level.
- Monitor & visit the clinic 2 times a week to ensure that MSION financial policies are strictly adhered to.
- Supervise the Client Executive at the Clinic to Ensure Proper Management of Clinic Petty Cash.
- Post and report monthly clinic/SF income at the region.
- Prepare monthly SF/MSL stock versus income reconciliation.
- Work closely with the regional procurement committee to ensure that MSION procurement policy is adhered to.
- Monitor the monthly/periodic stock taking at the region.
- Any other task assigned by Line Manager, Regional Manager and any other superior officer.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- B.Sc./HND Accounting preferred master’s degree holder with ACA qualification or equivalent.
- 3 - 5 years’ experience in a similar role with an INGO/NGO, private or public organisation
- Ability to use SUN Accounting package
- A good team player with interpersonal skills.
Ability to multitask, manage workload and produce high quality, on-time work and report.