Marie Stopes International (MSI) is a results-orientated Social Business, which uses modern management and marketing techniques to provide family planning, reproductive and sexual healthcare and allied services. MSION goal is to meet the needs of underserved Nigerians and dramatically improve access and use of family planning and other reproductive health services. With funding from our donors, Marie Stopes International Organisation Nigeria (MSION) aims to assist the Government of Nigeria (GoN) in achieving its family planning objectives by , with capacity development to facilitate the provision of a range of affordable, high quality, comprehensive family planning services in the public healthcare sector and strengthen the overall health system, build provider capacity to deliver quality services, and empower users to demand quality FP and improve their access to long-acting family planning in across States in Nigeria.
The core responsibility of this post is to use your:
￭ initiative ￭ energy ￭ persistence ￭ results orientation ￭ drive ￭ integrity ￭ enthusiasm ￭ commitment to personal development
To further MSION’s partnership mission of: empowering individuals to have children by choice not chance
- Ensure sound financial controls in all MSION service delivery Channels in each regional office.
- Quarterly supportive supervision visits to each regional offices and ensure all controls are in place
- Contribute to monthly management and periodic statutory accounts as well as reports
- Provide in-depth analysis of monthly report that help FD in decision making
- Ensure Monthly bank reconciliation of all regional bank accounts on regular basis.
- Ensure a proper Transaction Filing System is maintained for all financial activities in each field office
- Undertake all areas of responsibility in a professional manner and in a way that enhances the reputation of MSION
- Manage organization payroll and ensure monthly payroll processing and ensure allocation to all projects as per LOE
- Provide support during project audits and statutory audit
- Advice FD in upgradation of financial procedures and policies as and when required on timely basis.
- Work as closely with member of regional procurement committee as instructed by FD and ensure all procurement is being done as per organization policies and procedure
- Coordinate closely with procurement and logistic team to get monthly stock report on timely basis and verify stock report with service data before entering in SUN system.
- Supervise the payroll system and ensure the payroll cost is being allocated properly to each project and channels with consultation of projects heads and HR department and posting in SUN.
- Ensure the correct coding with close coordination of regional FAO and RM’s. Review the transactions in SUN regular basis for correct charging and allocation to relevant codes.
- Ensure proper financial management in MSION clinic and act as lead person in clinic accounts management through FAO. Ensure accurate record keeping, financial controls, stock management, service data management and monthly reconciliation of CYP data, income and stock reports.
- Ensure stock are well management in each field office and all controls are in place.
- Ensure monthly stock reports updated in time and uploaded in tally. Periodic stock physical stock taking and reconciliation of logistic and SUN on timely basis.
- Participate in monthly MRP and balance sheet reviews and ensure all action points MUST completed within stipulated time frame.
- Active participation in annual BP process and quarterly forecasting development process. Provide timely support in this regard to FD to meet the tough deadlines
- Monitor the regional offices staff debt regularly and ensure advances must retire on timely basis.
- Special focus on regional staff capacity building and performance management system. OGSM should be developed in time, shared with FD and god approved and later follow up with FAO for timely implementation
- Any accruals, provision booked in filed office, it should be tracked and cleared in time.
- Any other duties requested by the Finance Director or other Senior Management Team members. The JD’s can be adjusted according to need of the department and organization as per changes in departmental structure
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- A degree with minimum of 2nd class Upper division, and recognised professional qualifications such as ACA, ACCA, etc.
- 5-7 years’ experience in a similar role with an NGO/INGO
- Working knowledge of different donors USAID, ECHO DFID etc.
- Ability to use SUN Accounting package and other accounting packages
- Advance excel skills preferred
- Ability to multitask, manage a workload and produce high quality, on-time work
- Good team player and flexible while working with other colleagues
Ability to influence others to do what is to be done.
Must possess good listening skills
Must be fair, goal oriented, responsible and skilled
Must be a good director of affairs both human and material
Must be charismatic
Ability to look beyond the obvious/routine
Ability to see what others cannot see
Ability to seek a richer set of alternatives
Ability to question assumptions
Must be an energetic person with unusual initiative
Must be resilient
- Sound ethics and integrity.
Must be discernibly honest and of consistent upright character
Must be ethical i.e. must follow the ideals and responsibilities of the banking industry as set out in the code of ethics guiding operations and operators in the industry.