Marie Stopes Nigeria (MSION) is a results-oriented Social Business, which uses modern management and marketing techniques to provide reproductive health care and allied services. MSION’s goal is to meet the needs of underserved Nigerians and dramatically improve access and use of a range of reproductive health services.
MSION is part of Marie Stopes International’s Global Partnership which is in over 37 countries worldwide.
The core responsibility of this post is to use your:
￭ initiative ￭ energy ￭ persistence ￭ results orientation
￭ drive ￭ integrity ￭ enthusiasm ￭ commitment to personal development
To further MSI’s partnership mission: enabling individuals to have children by choice not chance.
Marie Stopes International is establishing a new country programme in Nigeria to meet the reproductive health needs of underserved Nigerians and dramatically improve access to and use of appropriate services. The Outreach Midwife is a key member of the Clinical Services Team and is responsible for ensuring smooth delivery of outreach services.
- To give high quality MSION focused community based activities and core clinical Services in the assigned communities and centre of excellence.
- To support MSION in its Goal and Objectives where appropriate.
- To support and implement core MSI values within the centre, such as de-medicalization, task shifting, client focus, no blame culture, non-hierarchical management and marketing
- To participate fully in MSION Institutional strengthens and Capacity Building activities where appropriate.
Community Based Duties and Partnership and network
- Train the health care workers on long term FP/contraceptive methods.
- Sensitize the community on the importance of FP.
- Support the Community mobilization activities of the community with counselling, service provision and follow up of clients .
- Develop and nurture relationships with the PHC staff at the project sites to handle issues related to service provision.
- Ensure the clinical and medical logistics coordination for service provision.
- Lead and deliver the service provision component of this project with support from service providers from NHS.
- Identify Appropriate training need within the team in consultation with the Clinical service manager and induction of the new team
- Coordinate and manage the clinical emergency response components of the
- Efficiently provide core MSION clinical services (family planning methods ).
- Ensure proper management and maintenance of all clinical supplies and equipments
- Ensure proper sterilization of Clinical instrument on a daily basis
- Ensure proper supervision of the IPO officer in maintaining infection prevention policy
- Counsel and assist clients to make informed FP/SRH choices when necessary
- Ensure that clinical complications at service delivery points are minimised or professionally managed when they occur.
- Adequate and timely requisition of items, stock management and record keeping
- Provide relief duties to teams as and when the pressing need arises
Communication and Administration
- Ensure formal communications with the various health partners are properly documented
- Follow up on all clients complaints relating to any of the MSION services and make recommendations.
- Make proper use of available information systems in MSI to facilitate service delivery & trainings
- Assist the team with interviews relating to clinical issues to protect MSION reputation.
- Collate information/data on services provided in the field.
- Manage and properly account for all MSION resources and properties at the outreach
- Support the marketing department by providing technical advice to Clients at the small and large group community activations once a week