We particularly encourage applications from women as they are currently under-represented within MSION at the management level.
About the Organisation
Marie Stopes International Organisation Nigeria (MSION) is a result-oriented social enterprise, which uses modern management and marketing techniques to provide reproductive health care and allied services. MSION’s goal is to meet the needs of underserved Nigerians and dramatically improve access and use of a range of reproductive health services.
MSION is part of Marie Stopes International’s Global Partnership which is in over 37 countries worldwide
The core responsibility of this post is to use:
￭ initiative ￭ energy ￭ persistence ￭ results orientation
￭ drive ￭ integrity ￭ enthusiasm ￭ commitment to personal development
to further MSI’s partnership mission: enabling individuals to have children by choice not chance.
Job Title: Clinical Quality and Training Advisor
Reporting to: Director, Clinical Services
The Clinical Quality and Training Advisor is a member of the Clinical Services Directorate and is responsible for coordinating and ensuring high quality training and clinical standards among MSI service delivery channels in line with the global Marie Stopes International (MSI) mantra of One World One Standard. This includes the coordination of and provision of high-quality training in MSI core FP and PAC services across all channels. The post will be based in Abuja with regular travel to other states within a region. The duties and responsibilities presented below may change at management discretion.
Team Coordination and Field Level Accountability
- Support the CSD to coordinate the activities of Regional Quality Advisors and collaborates with the Clinical Quality and Training Advisors in ensuring proactive management of clinical quality and training delivery in MSION
- Manages the Regional competency and training database, analyses same on monthly basis, and recommends country program strategies to ensure a competent service delivery workforce.
- Coordinates a annual cost-centre/state level, SCTO/CTO driven mock quality assurance (different from country program iQTA) to deepen accountability and ownership of quality of care by the state team
- Coordinate a second-level quality of care validation by RQAs and CQTAs
- Collaborates with RM&E and Programs/operations to strengthen MSION data triangulation, consent and documentation practices.
Provision of Quality Clinical training
- Coordinate delivery of clinical trainings to ensure that the quality of trainings conforms to the Marie Stopes International Medical Development Team training standards and that of Federal Ministry of Health
- Coordinate all activities of Regional Quality Advisors within their region and provide appropriate and relevant support to ensure all clinical trainings are quality assured and meet the desired objectives.
- Follow up on all challenges/ complaints emanating from any clinical training sessions and ensure they are addressed professionally where necessary.
- While on monitoring visits, identify appropriate training needs for providers through a data base and arrange for appropriate trainings
Providing Continuous Quality Assurance Improvement
- Provide guidance to the RQA/Clinical Training Officers in the region on MSIONs quality assurance processes.
- Investigate clinical incidents using the Incident Reporting Template and submit report
- Review eQTA action plans as populated by RQAs and CQTAs before final despatch to DCs and LSO
- Tracking the implementation of QTA action plans ensuring they are delivered within agreed TOR.
Partnership and Advocacy Responsibilities
- Participate and represent MSION in external stakeholders’ meeting and media communications
- Nurture collaborative professional networks with the government health departments (at Federal, State and Local Councils), the private sector, organisations and individuals.
- Represent MSN at forums, meetings and conferences with health authorities, technical workgroups or other bodies aiming to further access to health services
- Participate actively in relevant workshops and conferences and contribute to the review of clinical standards and protocols for the benefit of MSION and its affiliates.
- Remain clinically active in MSION core services and support the centres to provide clinical services as and when the need arises.
- Willingness to travel at least 70% of the time to often challenging terrains
Experience & Skills
At least 5-years post-graduation experience [ESSENTIAL]
Experience of working in Sexual and Reproductive Health [ESSENTIAL]
Experience in implementing quality assurance/quality improvement projects
Excellent project management and coordination skills (ESSENTIAL)
Outstanding written and verbal communication skills. [ESSENTIAL]
Work experience with a non-governmental organization (DESIRABLE)
Articulate and analytical with attention to details (ESSENTIAL)
Must have requisite experience to work with minimum supervision