Marie Stopes Nigeria (MSION) is a results-orientated Social Business, which uses modern management and marketing techniques to provide reproductive health care and allied services. MSION’s goal is to meet the needs of underserved Nigerians and dramatically improve access and use of a range of reproductive health services. MSION is part of Marie Stopes International’s Global Partnership which is in over 37 countries worldwide.
The post holder is required to demonstrate: initiative; energy; persistence; results orientation; drive; integrity and discretion; enthusiasm; and commitment to personal development to further MSI’s partnership mission of enabling individuals to have children by choice not chance.
Marie Stopes International Organisation, Nigeria (MSION) implements programs to meet the reproductive health needs of underserved Nigerians and dramatically improve access to and use of appropriate services. The Clinical Quality & Training Advisor is a member of the Clinical Services Team and is responsible for ensuring high quality clinical training standards among the three service delivery channels: Centres of Excellence, Outreaches and Blue Star Social Franchising services, in line with the global Marie Stopes International (MSI) mantra of One World One Standard. This includes the provision of high quality training in MSI core FP and PAC services all three channels as well as external SRH providers, where appropriate. The post will be based in Abuja with regular travel to other states within a region. The duties and responsibilities presented below may change at management discretion.
Provision of Quality Clinical training
- Coordinate all activities of Regional Quality Advisors within their region and provide appropriate and relevant support to ensure all clinical trainings are quality assured and meet the desired objectives
- Provide clinical training and capacity building for clinical service providers across all channels in MSION and Staff in partner programme settings.
- Coordinate with regional quality advisors within the region and provide appropriate and relevant training materials, documents, models and stationery to be purchased for each training.
- Perform needs assessment to all practical training sites before each training commences
- Provide guidance in preparation of materials and logistics for various levels of facilities/service providers before, during and after each clinical Quality Assurance activity.
- Coordinate delivery of clinical trainings to ensure that the quality of trainings conforms to the Marie Stopes International Medical Development Team training standards and that of Federal Ministry of Health.
- Follow up on all challenges/ complaints emanating from any clinical training sessions and ensure they are addressed professionally where necessary.
- While on monitoring visits, identify appropriate training needs for providers through a data base and, arrange for appropriate trainings.
- Create a comprehensive data base for all the training and share on a regular basis
Providing Quality Technical Assurance
- Conduct regular internal Quality Technical Assistance visits in all MSION clinical services delivery points to ensure that high quality clinical standards are consistently met.
- Provide advice and guidance to the RQA/Clinical Training Officers in the region on MSIONs quality assurance processes.
- Investigate clinical incidents using the Incident Reporting Template and submit report
Supportive supervisory functions
- Give supportive supervision to other MSION trainers and ensure that new clinical teams are well inducted.
- Endorse all the Clinical trainers on a yearly basis
- Shall share in the responsibility for the conduct of competency assessment OJT for clinicians under his/her purview.
- Shall be responsible for ensuring certificates and licensure are tracked and up to date amongst clinician assigned to him/her.
- While on monitoring visits, identify appropriate training needs for providers through a data base and, arrange for appropriate trainings
Communication and administration
- Maintain an updated database of key trainings/orientations offered teams and other partners
- Ensure formal communications with the various health partners are properly documented
- Make proper use of available information systems in MSI to facilitate service delivery & trainings
- Participate actively in relevant workshops and conferences and contribute to the review of clinical standards and protocols for the benefit of MSION and its affiliates.
- Remain clinically active in MSION core services and support the centres to provide clinical services as and when the need arises.
- Willingness to travel at least 70% of the time to often challenging terrains