Marie Stopes International Organisation Nigeria (MSION) is a results-oriented Social Business, which uses modern management and marketing techniques to provide reproductive health care and allied services. MSION’s goal is to meet the needs of underserved Nigerians and dramatically improve access and use of a range of reproductive health services.
MSION is part of Marie Stopes International’s Global Partnership which is in over 37 countries worldwide. MSION just won the Supporting Access for Adolescents to Integrated Sexual and Reproductive Health Services (Safire) Project and need a state coordinator of programme activities in Oyo and Ogun states. MSION through this project will ensure a strong continuum of care for women and girls who are self-administering medical product for post abortion care leveraging MSION’s contact centre to strengthen guidance around self-administration and aftercare while assisting with effective referrals
The core responsibility of this post is to use your:
￭ initiative ￭ energy ￭ persistence ￭ results orientation
￭ drive ￭ integrity ￭ enthusiasm ￭ commitment to personal development
To further MSI’s partnership mission: enabling individuals to have children by choice not chance.
About this role:
This role is part of the Programs Operations Team responsible for all demand creation activities across the program. Working closely with the Center Manager, Center Teams and Channel Lead with dotted line reporting to the Community Communications Advisor, the Clinic Marketing and Communication Officer analyses the behavior of MSION’s existing and potential clients and develops cost effective strategies and action plans to ensure value for money on all demand creation activities through the network of MSION’s demand creation team and partners.
The post holder is required to demonstrate: initiative; energy; persistence; results orientation; drive; integrity and discretion; enthusiasm; and commitment to personal development in the excellent delivery of work against these responsibilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the oversight of the Center Manager and the Community Communication and Mobilization Advisor, the Clinic Marketing and Communication Officer caries out all aspects of communications, mobilization strategies and their implementation for the MS Ladies including but not limited to:
- Leading the implementation of Demand Creation Strategies for Centers
- implement a clear demand generation strategy specific for the Center channel in your state.
- Coordinate and Support activities of the Center Channel in your assigned centre(s).
- Wide reading of any research that will inform targeting for demand creation for the Center – highlight key points across the demand creation team.
- Networking regularly for information on the various activities for demand creation for the Center levels of success, etc.
- Establish Demand Creation KPIs in relation to the Center program strategy.
- Delivering Effective Community Mobilization Trainings for local community mobilization
- Trainings conducted in line with Demand Creation strategy, including staff and partner surveys for all key persons to deliver effective communication activities.
- Trainings conducted for on-line, face to face and other skills development outcomes with an aim for improving demand generation for the Center.
- Use of effective marketing materials that promotes the MSION Brand and boosts client numbers
- Field Pretesting of developed Materials, programming field work for test and study.
- Working on and developing Partnerships with local organizations for demand creation.
- Ensuring Visibility compliance for the Centers.
- Clear on-going analysis of the market, by segment, location, accessibility, to ensure appropriate information is gotten, using the right format to ensure adequate coverage of the Center locality.
- Implementing media campaigns; use a broad range of electronic and media channels for impact and ROI for the Centres.
- Delivering clear communication and referrals for improved PAC services and visibility for Centers
- Ensure relationships and networks with stakeholders, and relevant private, public and not-for-profit organizations are created and maintained with a view to strengthening Centre impact in and beyond the states of operation.
- Be a focal point for all client communications and seek out new ways to actively provide clients and potential clients with new information and ensuring overall Client growth for the Centres.
- Ensure relationships and network of satisfied clients is strengthened and used for client growth, to boost PAC uptake (Whisper Campaigns and Referrals).
- Creating robust referral mechanisms to the Centres as well as other MSION channels through Pharmacies, Laboratories, other health providers and facilities.
- Reporting, Monitoring and Evaluation
- Prepare and submit regular technical progress monitoring reports to MSN according to schedules and guidelines
- Collate monthly, quarterly and annual reports flowing from activities carried out in line with mobilithe task above
- Support MSN’s M&E function in development of plans and operations research that support and measures impact of quality of our range of services and products.
- Work with the RME Unit in writing a broad range of communications that promote the activities of the Center and MSION such as abstracts, papers and presentations.
- From time to time carry out any other duties as reasonably requested by the line manager and/or management
- Willingness to travel within and outside the location as needed.