We particularly encourage applications from women as they are currently under-represented within MSION at the management level.
Marie Stopes International Organisation Nigeria (MSION) is a result-oriented Social Business, which uses modern management and marketing techniques to provide reproductive health care and allied services. MSION’s goal is to meet the needs of underserved Nigerians and dramatically improve access and use of a range of reproductive health services.
MSION is part of Marie Stopes International’s Global Partnership which is in over 37 countries worldwide.
The core responsibility of this post is to use your:
￭ initiative ￭ energy ￭ persistence ￭ results orientation
￭ drive ￭ integrity ￭ enthusiasm ￭ commitment to personal development
To further MSI’s partnership mission: enabling individuals to have children by choice not chance.
About this role:
This role reports into the Director Social Marketing who oversees MSION’s office in Lagos. The CMP plays a pivotal role in the overall MSION sustainability strategy as we transit to a more sustainable approach in our broader private sector engagement. The CMP will work with the Director Social marketing to build a robust business plan that will guide the business over the next 5 years. This role will be working to support the efficient and effective set up of the Centre Pharmacy chain as part of the Centre revitalization and revenue expansion strategy. This will include location of business premises, facility set up, licensing of all pharmacy outlets with Pharmacist Council of Nigeria including other relevant regulatory/trade agencies/associations. The holder will also play critical part in set-up of the stock procurement system, staffing and trainings as relevant and periodic review of the implementation of the Centre Pharmacy Business Strategy as may be asked for within this consultancy.
Specific Duties in relation to the Responsibilities
- Determination of outlets Location/Target Customers
- The CMP will be responsible for selection of outlets location in the pilot states of focus which will include Lagos and Abuja. These selected outlets would be in a good location for community-based Pharmacy that will have linkage to the Centre (Clinic) in the states mentioned
- S/He will identify the types of customers targeted and use client information in determining best location for facilities that will inform the above selection
- He will also support to identify property for rent based on regulatory guide, and contribute to the procurement of such property for lease
- Support with Regulatory Affairs and Licensing Compliance Management
The role holder will ensure the following before the commencement of pharmacy sales:
- Ensure that the outlets registration is done with the CAC and other regulatory agencies
- Ensure all regulatory requirement by the Pharmacists Council of Nigeria and all other regulatory agency / trade association requirements are fulfilled in time before commencement of business operations
- Always ensure the presence of a superintendent pharmacist/ locum pharmacist across the outlets
- Provide licensing and related compliance management support and work with relevant government institutions to fast track process of licensing and monitor expiry of licenses for the pharmaceutical outlets
- Provide necessary support on facility setup, activation, management, and branding
- Infrastructure and equipment set up which will include ensuring that the right infrastructure and equipment necessary for efficient functioning of the pharmacy outlet is in place and ready for use
- S/He will ensure that the business environment - proper ventilation, sanitary conditions are in good condition and in line with acceptable regulatory standards
- Set up a fraud-proof inventory system by deploying digital solutions that will prevent theft, fraud, etc
- Draw floor plan of all outlets to ensure product visibility, ease of movement for customers and availability of a pharmacist’s consultation room with a visible point of payment/sales.
- Ensure that all facilities are properly disinfected daily, hand-washing bays put in place, maintenance of social distancing and other Covid-19 related protocols for both customers and team members
- Product Procurement and Supply Chain Management
- Develop relevant frameworks and guidelines and advise on a quarterly on review of products listing as may be necessary
- Support with enlisting and coding of all products on the point of sale system
- Procure products with NAFDAC registration while ensuring that products with long shelf life and long expiry dates are stocked
- Develop guidelines based on regulatory standards on procurement of relevant products, with appropriate storage and stock management systems
- Train Pharmacy Managers and relevant attendants at selected pharmacy outlets on right procedures and management of products’ dates and expiry
- Set up stock procurement linkages with credit suppliers/distributors to ensure that required MOQ is maintained and stock is supplied at best negotiated rates
- Staffing and Team Capacity Buildin
- Work with the Human Resource Management team on the hiring of qualified entrepreneurial-minded providers who will register the premise with both PCN/trade associations and ensure all regulatory requirements are met and strict ethical standards are kept
- Engage required workforce and persons on needs basis for product delivery to customers or other outlets.
- Define required competencies and KPIs for roles during the pilot and provide appropriate training on a continuous basis with progressive evaluation of such trainings and capacity building on the team.
- Technical Support, Knowledge Integration and Learning
- Monitor and report on public policy and practice environment especially those that may have impact on health policy or health systems strengthening and quality improvement
- Develop expert advice, guidelines, protocols, and pathway development for new outlets’ pilot, and redesigning same where applicable.
- Evidence of strong and effective working relationships with regulatory bodies, staff and ministry of health and other relevant stakeholders
- Manage and coordinate implementation learning related to private sector especially for business development.