We particularly encourage applications from women as they are currently under-represented within MSION at the management level.
About the Organisation
Marie Stopes International Organisation Nigeria (MSION) is a result-oriented Social enterprise, which uses modern management and marketing techniques to provide reproductive health care and allied services. MSION’s goal is to meet the needs of underserved Nigerians and dramatically improve access and use of a range of reproductive health services.
MSION is part of Marie Stopes International’s Global Partnership which is in over 37 countries worldwide.
The core responsibility of this post is to use your:
￭ initiative ￭ energy ￭ persistence ￭ results orientation
￭ drive ￭ integrity ￭ enthusiasm ￭ commitment to personal development
To further MSI’s partnership mission: enabling individuals to have children by choice not chance.
Working with and reporting to Business Manager Centre, the Clinic Coordinator is responsible for planning, organizing, directing, and coordinating the activities of the Marie Stopes Clinic and ensuring the effective and efficient delivery of clinical services. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Strategy and Planning:
- Contribute towards MSION’s strategy and future programme direction, with particular focus on driving MSI Nigeria Clinics towards sustainability and increasing access to quality healthcare, family planning and SRH services in Nigeria through proper clinical services
- Contribute to annual business plans and facilitating the business planning process (service target setting and activity planning in MSION-Clinics)
- Assist the development of project ideas and providing input into proposals to attract donor funds
- Prepare clinical services annual targets and when approved, ensures their implementation.
- Team Leadership
- Provide overall leadership and direction to the Clinic team in ensuring the achievement of MSI Nigeria’s mission and strategic objectives, as well as targets of the clinic
- Coordinate the different clinic units (OPD, OR, Lab.) and be responsible for the deployment, supervision and performance appraisal of clinic staff in accordance with MSION personnel policies.
- Ensure an effective communication flow within the clinic and other units of MSION program, technical and operational teams.
- Establish the priorities and focus of the clinic team and ensure proper coordination
- Monitor and evaluate clinical services provided by the medical team and control the quality
- Developing strong business and management capacity amongst the clinic team
- Clinical Responsibilities
- Conform to the critical service standards established for the clinic and the medical team.
- Provide therapeutic patient care in accordance with the patients care code, established by the Clinical Unit, within scope of practice.
- Ensure the efficient delivery of client care and the confidentiality of all cases, in accordance with accepted standard medical practices and professional code of conduct.
- Own and manage the entire service delivery process, including providing general outpatient care, antenatal care, family planning, counseling services, and disseminating health education/ information, amongst others.
- Prepare and submit work programmes and daily/monthly reports of the clinic.
- Liaise, as necessary, with government and non-governmental agencies to promote MSION’s interest.
- Collaborate in the evaluation of clinical programmes and service diversification, and the subsequent application of research findings.
- Resource Management:
- Approve supplies’ requests and issuance and authorizes financial payments as per the organization’s financial policy
- Assist in the reviews of clinic service charges.
- Perform administrative duties essential for the day-to-day running of the clinic.
- Identify, propose and when approved, implement introduction of new service programmes/packages for the enhancement of the clinic towards provision of quality care and the sustainability of the clinic.
- Prepare and submit quarterly budget of the clinic
Undertake any other relevant duties that may be assigned by the Business Manager/DPO